Freebird is changing the way people use rideshare services in 2020.
Taking Uber or Lyft rides without using Freebird?
You’re leaving free money on the table.
Use the Freebird app to get cash for taking Uber or Lyft rides.
This is the only way to get a discount code for existing users. Uber and Lyft do not have existing user promo codes you can directly enter into their apps. These 3 steps below are simple and easy to set up and you’ll save on every ride you take even after the promotion.
Note: This works for new or existing Lyft and Uber users. Even if you have used a Lyft or Uber promo code in the past.
- Choose a promotion & copy the code
- $20 PROMO CODE:
- $5 cashback per ride for the first four rides
- $24 PROMO CODE:
- $4 cashback per ride for the first six rides
- $30 PROMO CODE:
- $3 cashback per ride for the first ten rides
- $20 PROMO CODE:
- Enter the promo code into the Freebird app
- Download the app (free at the app store & play store)
- Sign up and link your Uber or Lyft Account to the app
- Go to ☰ menu (top left) then “Promo Codes” to redeem the code
- Paste/enter the promo code you got from the list above
- Request an Uber or Lyft ride in the Freebird app
- Enter your destination in the top search box
- Request your ride & get picked up in just a few minutes
HOW IT WORKS: After each ride, you’ll see the cashback in your Freebird account. The cashback can be easily deposited onto your debit card. You will pay for your ride with the default payment method you have for Uber or Lyft. Keep using the Freebird app after the initial promotional rides to get rewards points that you can convert into more cash deposits. As a bonus Freebird will send you a $5 bonus promo code: ROLL10 after your 10th ride. All promo codes only work for new Freebird users that have not claimed previous Freebird codes.
Change the way you ride, and take your first Freebird today.
The app has made it fun again to request a ride and get cash rewards in return.
Enter a Freebird Promo Code in the “Promo Codes” section under the menu to get up to $30 back.
Even after the savings on your first couple rides dries up you’ll be able to earn reward points on each ride you take.
These points are redeemable for REAL cash you can deposit into your debit card at any time.
With the Freebird app, you can get up to $30 in cash from taking Lyft or Uber rides.
The Freebird promo codes for 2020 are just a short scroll down.
Pro Tip: We have done a lot of research into what the best codes are and how to get the best cash rewards for using this service.
BONUS: Want automatic discounts on all Uber and Lyft rides? Yeah! I mean who doesn’t right? After you’re done with this Freebird guide double up on your Uber and Lyft discounts with the Drop App guide. When you combine the Freebird App & Drop App you’ll be saving a ton of cash on every single ride you take.
How the Freebird App Works
The Freebird app connects you to your favorite rideshare apps such as Lyft or Uber.
With Freebird, you’ll request your ride and the Lyft or Uber will open up to contact your driver.
Earn cash-back or points (that turn into cash) on all Uber or Lyft rides that you order through the Freebird app.
It’s more than just a rewards app. It’s your new way to ride.
Not a lot of people know about this amazing new opportunity for rideshare passengers.
Freebird is not just a bars & restaurants app.
Freebird goes anywhere Uber or Lyft will take you.
Just tap the search bar, enter the address, and tap on the destination below.
You’ll earn reward points on each ride.
No matter if you are a new user to the Freebird app or an existing user we have promo codes for both.
Freebird has excellent support so if you run into an issue with anything they are more than willing to help out.
When ordering a ride through the Freebird app, the only costs you’ll be charged are from Uber and Lyft.
Freebird’s mission is to help you save money on rideshares.
How Rewards Points Work
Jump on board the Freebird app and start racking up some solid rewards for taking rides.
Get cash-back from select bars & restaurants, plus rides home.
Get Rewards for Taking Rides
By requesting your rides in this order you will be able to earn reward points that convert into cash.
The cash reward points add up fast and the cashouts are easy and quick.
You’ll earn 250 points for each regular ride you take.
Occasionally Freebird will email you with special promotions.
Happy hour points are one limited-time promotion that they run during happy hour and you can get bonus points for rides during that time.
There are many other ways to earn points that we will detail below.
When you reach 5,000 points you’ll be able to cash out for $10.
It’s that simple.
Just keep taking points rides, and participating in bonus points promotions, and you’ll be cashing out in no time.
Nearby Cash-Back Offers at Local Businesses
There are many rewards available that reward you bonus cash or points for taking a ride to their establishment.
Many bars and restaurant owners team up with Freebird to offer special cash-back deals when you take a ride to their location and make a purchase.
These deals just make it that much more compelling to use the Freebird app.
Sponsored Brand Promotions
Freebird teams up with different brands like Don Julio to bring new and existing users awesome ways to unlock for savings for requesting rides.
At the moment, Don Julio is offering bonus points for getting a ride home safe with Uber or Lyft.
All you need to do is click the promo card (shown below) and enter your home address and you’ll get the bonus points.
You can see these promotions on the main screen of the app when you open it.
Keep a lookout for these deals each time you open the app.
How Does the Freebird Promo Code Work?
When you use the Freebird app to request your rideshare you’ll get awesome rewards.
When you use the promo code listed below you’ll get a cash reward and discounts on every rides you take with Freebird rides app.
Once you enter the Freebird promo code the discount cashback will automatically be added to your account.
You can verify the codes have been added to your account with detailed step-by-step instructions below.
Make sure you take your first Freebird ride within 14 days to avoid promo expiration.
Each promotion will have an expiration date listed in the app.
Freebird Coupons Work for Existing Lyft and Uber Users
Step 1 of 2 – Use this Freebird Promo Code for $30 Cash
It’s easy to start using the Freebird app when you request Lyft and Uber rides.
Just make sure you enter the codes in the correct order listed to unlock the savings.
So why not start making it fun to request rides and get some cashback in the process?
Follow the step-by-step detailed instructions below to get started.
How to Setup the Freebird App & Get up to $30 Cash
- Download the Freebird rides app: GO HERE
- Open the Freebird app
- Click “Enable Location” button
- Now, click the “Let’s Ride with Uber” button to link your Uber account
- Next, login to your Uber account
- Now click the ☰ Menu button in the top left
- Next, click “Promo Codes” from the menu
- Choose a promotion & enter the code
- $20 promo code: ROLL1 ($5 per ride for the next 4 rides, total: $20)
- $24 promo code: ROLL2 ($4 per ride for the next 6 rides, total: $24)
- $30 promo code: ROLL3 ($3 per ride for the next 10 rides, total: $30)
- IMPORTANT: Take your first ride by requesting a Lyft in the Freebird app within 14 days so the promotion does not expire. Honestly, this step is the one that everyone messes up. Don’t wait around and end up forgetting. Take your ride right now and lock in that savings.
- Bonus Cash: At this point, you’ll have set up the app with up to $30 in cashback. We’ll send you a $5 bonus promo code: ROLL10 after your 10th ride. For additional cash, you’ll need to follow the “Freebird Checklist For $30+ Cash Back” which is just a short scroll down this page.
Verify the Freebird Promo Code Worked
You may verify the promo is applied to your account with the step-by-step instructions below.
- Click the ☰ menu button in the top left
- Select “Promo Codes” from the menu
- Now you may see the promotion is applied.
You MUST request your rides for Lyft/Uber in the Freebird app to qualify for the cashback discount. Do not request rides in the Lyft/Uber app if you want the discount to work properly. That also goes for all future rides if you want to keep getting cash rewards on every ride from now on. Once you request a ride in the Freebird app it will open in either Lyft or Uber depending on which rideshare app you have set up. You can easily switch between the two apps depending on which one you want to use for that ride.
How to Request a Lyft/Uber ride in the Freebird App
- Open the Freebird App
- Click the search field at the top
- Enter your destination address/name
- Select the address/name of the destination from the list
- Select the “Request Lyft/Uber” button at the bottom and the Lyft/Uber app will open
- The Lyft/Uber app will ask you to confirm your pick up location.
- Click the “Confirm Pickup” button at the bottom.
How to Get Your Cash Back in Your Bank Account
Once you complete your ride you can go back to the Freebird app and see the cash in your account.
If you don’t see the cashback in your Freebird account right away you may need to wait up to 24 hours for the cash to show up.
- Tap the ☰ menu button in the top left
- Select “Balance and Transfers” from the menu
- Make sure you are on the “Cash” tab at the top
- Now you may see the cash balance
- Click “Cash Out” button at the bottom to have the balance deposited into your debit card.
Step 2 of 2 – Use a Lyft or Uber Promo Code
If you are new to either the Lyft or Uber app now is the time to cash in on a new user promo code.
Are you an existing user for Lyft and Uber? Already used that new user promo code? Skip this step.
We highly recommend the Lyft promo code because you can get up to $50 in coupon ride credit.
This credit amount may vary based on your location and you only get $30 or $20 in credit.
If you want to lock in that discount on your first ride then use Lyft code: SHYFT for up to $50 in ride credit.
With Uber, you may claim up to $30 in ride credit for new users.
Use Uber code: UBERVIP3 for $10
If you are an existing user for Lyft or Uber no worries!
The Freebird promo codes work for existing users too!
Checklist: Get $30+ in Cash Rewards
Completing your checklist will put you in the best position to earn rewards with Freebird coupons.
Plus, you’ll earn rewards for each step.
Complete your checklist, use Freebird when requesting all of your ride shares, and watch your rewards pile up.
- Take your first 10 rides to lock in the promo code savings (2,500 pts + up to $30 cashback)
- Add any cards you use to make purchases so that they can verify your purchases from cash offer locations (500 pts)
- After you have earned a cash balance, add a debit card to transfer your cash rewards (500 pts)
- Take a ride home with the Don Julio promotion (500 points)
- Refer a friend to the app and you’ll get referral cash per person ($10 per person)
- You should have 4,000 points now and once you do 4 more rides you’ll get another 1,000 points ($10 cash, 5,000 points)
- Keep an eye out for Freebird emails because they regularly send special promotions for additional cash offers
Double up on your savings and get a $5 cash bonus with the Drop app! The best part? It’s free and super simple to set up! Plus, it automatically gives you discounts on rides once its all set up and you don’t have to do anything further to keep getting discounts on your rides. Check out our guide to the Drop App and stop paying full price on Uber or Lyft.
If you need additional help beyond our guide you can contact Freebird support or visit their help center for more information.
Verified Freebird Promo Codes 2020 List
Even if you have used the Uber or Lyft service before, then by all means, you are eligible to receive a Freebird promo code just for downloading the Freebird app and requesting your first ride.
Take a look at our comprehensive list of working coupon promo codes for the Freebird rides app.
$20 PROMO CODE: ROLL1
$5 cashback per ride for the first four rides for a total of $20
$24 PROMO CODE: ROLL2
$4 cashback per ride for the first six rides for a total of $24
$30 PROMO CODE: ROLL3
$3 cashback per ride for the first ten rides for a total of $30
More Ways to Save Big with Freebird
Refer a Friend
If you are going out with some friend’s offer to cover the ride to your destination and ask them to cover it on the way back with by using your referral code. They’ll Get a discount on the ride and you’ll score a cool $10 in referral cash. Win-win all around!
To get your bonus cash, share your Freebird invite code with a friend who has never used Freebird.
Get them to install the app and enter your code. If they take their first ride, you’ll get your $10 reward.
Let your friend know they will get $5 off their first and second rides when they enter your code!
How to Find Your Referral Code
To find your personal invite code go here:
- Click the ☰ menu button located in the top left of the Freebird app
- Select “Invite & Get Cash” menu option
- You may now see your referral code at the bottom
Double up on rewards by using the Lyft or Uber Rewards
Both Lyft and Uber have their own reward systems for being a valued customer.
These reward programs are not as good as the Freebird app but they are a nice little bonus.
To set up the Lyft rewards you’ll need to get an invite from Lyft via email or notification.
Lyft has not yet rolled out a nationwide rewards program yet but it’s coming soon.
You can read more about the Lyft rewards program here: https://blog.lyft.com/posts/lyftrewards
For Uber rewards, you can get set up right now.
- Click the menu button in the top right of the Uber app
- Select “Uber Rewards” from the menu
- Click “Join for free” at the bottom and “Accept” on the next screen
Why people are loving the Freebird App
- Every ride earns cash-back or points that turn into cash, no matter where you go.
- Get up to $10 cash-back from select bars, restaurants, and other participating locations.
- Enter your home address, and you’ll earn up to $5 or 500 points on rides home.
- Search by neighborhood, cuisine, cash-back offers, and more.
What People Are Saying About Freebird
Add the Freebird App Next to the Lyft and Uber App Icon
Simply drag your Freebird app next to Uber and Lyft.
That way, whenever you need a ride, you’ll never miss out on earning cash rewards.
Freebird Rides FAQ
In this section, we will try to address the most popular questions we see regarding the Freebird rides app.
What is the best Freebird promo code?
When you enter code: ROLL3 you'll get $30 cash back ($3 per ride for the next 10 rides). See more about cashback rides here.
Does the Freebird code work for new or existing Lyft and Uber users?
Yes, even if you are a new or existing user you may still take advantage of the Freebird promotion codes.
Does Freebird Rides work in conjunction with Uber or Lyft promo codes?
Yes, you may add an Uber or Lyft promo code directly to the Uber or Lyft app and then request your ride through the Freebird rides app and double up on your discounts.
When will I get cashback from taking rides?
Usually, you will see the points for each ride added to your account shortly after the ride is completed. However, on the rare occasion, it may take up to 24 hours. See how long transfers take for more details.